Paneer Crispy Recipe
Paneer Crispy Recipe- Paneer crispy is an Indo-Chinese starter of crispy fried paneer tossed in garlic-flavored little spicy, sweet, and sour sauce. Spring onion greens and sesame seeds make the crispy paneer even more appetizing.
wok or kadai or pan
For Frying Paneer
- 350 gm Paneer
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour/maida/refined flour
- oil for shallow frying
For making sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp white onion of spring onion
- 1.5 tbsp red chili sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp water
For making Paneer crispy
- 2 tbsp spring onion greens
- prepared fried paneer
- preapred sauce
- 1 tsp spring onion greens for garnishing
- 1/2 tsp roasted sesame seeds for garnishing
Firstly, take 350 gm paneer and cut it into strips with a knife.
Sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper powder on paneer. alternatively, you can use white pepper powder also.
Further, toss paneer strips with 1 tbsp all-purpose flour and 2 tbsp cornflour powder.
Heat oil a non-stick pan and shallow fry the paneer strips into it. Once crispy from all the sides, take them out on a kitchen towel.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in another wok or kadai or pan. Finely chop 6 cloves of garlic and 1 tsp ginger and add them to the oil.
Saute ginger-garlic for 10-20 seconds and add 1 tbsp white sesame seeds and 1 tbsp white onions (white part of spring onion) to it
Cook on high flame for a few seconds while stirring. Further, add 1.5 tbsp red chili sauce and 2 tbsp tomato ketchup to it and mix.
Additionally, dissolve 1 tsp cornflour in 1 tbsp water to make a slurry and mix it with the sauces in the pan.
Stir and cook for 30-40 seconds on a high flame
Making Paneer Crispy
Add fried paneer and 2 tbsp spring onion greens to the sauce
Mix the fried paneer gently with the sauce. Cook for a minute or two till all the flavors come together and switch off the gas.
Super delicious paneer crispy is ready. Garnish with 1 tsp spring onion greens and 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds. Serve it as a light evening snack or veg starter at a party.
Notes for Paneer Crispy
- Make sure to use good quality and fresh paneer as it contributes positively to the overall taste of paneer crispy.
- You can fry coated paneer in advance but it is recommended to toss it with the sauce at the time of serving only else the paneer may turn soggy.
- I have used all-purpose flour and cornflour directly on the paneer, however, if you want you can make a paste out of them and deep fry the paneer after dipping it in that batter.